Unfortunately, today was mostly a wash.
I was working on replacing the temporary log early in the stage with a new tree model when I ran into an aggravating issue in 3ds Max. I rigged the new tree with some bones and started the animation process for when it gets hit. Upon export, an error from Actor X came up about ‘Unmatched Node ID’. I’ve had this problem before, but all my known solutions didn’t work. It took about 2 hours of diagnostics to determine that the skeletal mesh was failing to export because I deleted the Nub bones that are automatically added at the end of a bone chain in 3ds Max. This has never been an issue before, and I’m not sure why it is now. So, I’m trying to find if there is a way to salvage the animations I’ve already done. I still have no solutions for exporting though. I don’t need those nubs and can’t figure out how to get rid of them without pissing off Actor X.

On the bright side, I did lay out the UVs on the bridge, texture that, and make the broken tree.